Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Childhood is calling....


When I was little, we lived in Germany for 3 wonderful years. I have a lot of really GOOD memories from while living there.
A couple years ago, my husband said he had discovered a new treat.
When he pulled out a jar of "Nutella" I couldn't help but laugh.
I ate that stuff the entire time we lived overseas. When we moved back to the States in the late 60's, they didn't have it available.........so I moved on to PBJs....and then simply forgot about it.

The reason Dean wanted to try it is because Giada has a cookbook with a recipe or 2 using it...BTW, her cookbook rocks....

I make these sandwiches for the kids a few times each week and Dean eats them as a midnight snack on a regular basis.

Today, I decided to make myself one of these yummy treats disguised as a sandwich...after all, peanut butter IS a protein. The Nutella and marshmallow cream make it naughty........oh, and a you gotta have a huge glass of milk.

Since I am no food stylist this picture will have to suffice. It was prettier this way than after I had squished the 2 pieces of bread together!

3 comments:

Pikaboo said...

Nutella is the greatest thing in the universe!!!! I just spread in on a slice of bread and don't even bother with the rest of the sandwich! I was so excited when I found it in the store here a few years ago.

sauvageblue said...

Yum, we love Giada my daughter went a few weeks ago with her girlfriend to get a autographed copy of her book for me and some of her new food product line. My dd loves nutella we keep it stocked at all times.

IdaDown said...

Hmm, nutella! Yummy - a chilhood, teen, heck - anytime staple. Here in Oz it is readily available. My favourite serving method is on a spoon!. Might need to pop off to the shops...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...