Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fresh strawberries.........


I was looking for a strawberry amigurumi pattern the other day. I found several flat ones for magnets, etc. but I couldn't locate one for what I wanted....well, not one that was FREE!

So, I made one up. I put them in this little basket that some real strawberries had come in a few weeks back. When the kids came in, they were both so excited....until they realized they weren't real!
I decided that if they could fool the kids, they must look real enough to write down the pattern.
I have two sizes of strawberries here but you'll find the pattern is simple enough to change to all sizes....even little buds.
So, here it is... another freebie!
Although I am getting better at this, I'm still no pro at writing the pattern down. Please forgive me for any errors you might find!

Little Strawberries Pattern

You will need:

Small amounts of yarn in red, black and green. I used bernaut for the berries and redheart for the caps.
Blunt needle for attaching and to make ‘seeds’
Crochet hook sized ‘F’

Small Strawberry

Work 4 sc into a magic ring
Row 1: 2 sc into each sc around = 8 sc
Row 2: 1 sc in first sc, then 2 sc in next sc, around = 12 sc
Row 3-5: sc into each sc around = 12 sc

At this point, using the black yarn and blunt needle, sew little dashes into strawberry to make ‘seeds.’ You could also use seed beads...that would be even cuter.

Stuff

Begin decrease

Row 6: sc 2 together, then sc 1 into the next 3 sc, twice = 10 sc
Row 7: sc 2 together around 5 times, slip stitch across opening and fasten off. Sew in tail.

Caps

Work 4 sc into a magic loop, then join to the first sc with a slip stitch. Do NOT turn.
Chain 5 and slipstitch into next stitch. (picot stitch created)
Do this 3 more times.
At the end you should have 4 loops.
Fasten off but leave a sewing tail


Large Strawberry:

Work 4 sc into a magic loop
Row 1: 2 sc into each sc around = 8 sc
Row 2: 1 sc in first sc, then 2 sc in next sc, around = 12 sc
Row 3: sc 1 in the next 2 sc, then 2 in the next sc = 16 sc
Row 4-6: sc in each sc around = 16 sc

Begin decrease

Row 7: sc 2 together, then sc 1 in next 2 sc around = 12 sc
Row 8: sc 2 together , then sc 1 in next sc around = 9 sc
Row 9: sc 2 together around, slip stitch across top to close.
Fasten off and sew in end.


Large Cap

Work 4 sc into a magic loop, then join to the first sc with a slip stitch. Do NOT turn.
Chain 7 and slipstitch into next stitch. (picot stitch created)
Do this 3 more times. When done, you should have 4 loops.
Fasten off but leave a sewing tail

To assemble.

Place cap on top of strawberry and using the sewing tail from the cap, attach cap to the strawberry. Push the loops closely together as you sew. To form a point, pull the thread up and down at the end of each loop.



5 comments:

IdaDown said...

Hmm Yummy. Shame we are going into winter - so no s'berries for us for awhile.

Tracey said...

You are so smart and talented. You amaze me!! My dress form came. Going to blog about it now!!!

Dragonflymom said...

Those are adorable!!! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern.

jillytacy said...

Your strawberries are just too cute! I just had my first crochet lesson today so I'm not up to this yet but maybe someday soon. Very cute and so creative!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Ditto from above comments:
Adorable!!! :~)
You are very talented!!!
Can't wait to try a basket of 'Fresh Strawberries' for my family to try!!!
Love your patterns and thanks for sharing them with us!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...