Friday, April 17, 2009

Tent City

The kids have been out all week for Spring Break. We are between family visits so on Tuesday they created tent cities in their rooms.

They still make these things about twice a year.......then they sleep on the floor and the next day, usually continue to play in it for a bit....once we had one that covered the entire dining room!

Here is Ripstick Boy's...





and...Curly Girl's




bunny has an escape route...


Do you remember making these? I do.......I used to LOVE them!

7 comments:

Tammy "SweetT" said...

Oh yes - my sisters and I use to make them all the time. My mom would get so mad because we would take over the living with our tents. LOL

Quiltingranny said...

My little ones still do this on occasion and it is so much fun!

dkuroiwa said...

My brothers and I used to make them in the living room...in the winter, we'd make sure that the floor vents were in the tent so we were all nice and toasty while we were "camping"...mom would get so mad because the living room would be a mess and cold!!

My boys figured out how to do this (with just a little encouragement from me!) and they had a blast!! I do so love fun that doesn't require batteries or software for kids!!
Enjoy the rest of your holiday!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Love the forts!!! KAtie had one of these in our living room for WEEKS! WE finally took it down because my Mom is coming!! lol! Lori

CathyJean said...

Oh, how fun! Yes, I remember making tents as a kid indoors and out in the back yard in the summer :)
My kids loved doing this too!!

Jenny said...

Oh tent days were the best! Kyle makes one on our chair and a half in the living room! It's his fort for the day!

Zoƫ said...

I never made any that could last a whole weekend! (even to this day when I make them for the kids they fall down within an hour or so:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...