Saturday, April 24, 2010

Birds!


I assigned songbirds as April's YOE theme.

Here are the two ornaments I created for my partner...she loves paper crafting so I incorporated that into them.

and


Here is the other stuff I sent....I kept with a few things from her list...pattern, lemon drops, etc. I did include a large piece of a lovely hand embroidered vintage table cloth.


On to the activity.....What do you get when you mix dryer lint, shiny shred, bright feathers, eyelash yarn and an onion bag?

Nesting materials for the birds of course!



Just fling it up into the tree and see what happens!

Happy Saturday!

10 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

Very sweet. I love birds! Can't wait for May so I can play!

Doris Sturm said...

he, he, he, if I saw that hanging there I'd probably accuse someone of littering because that would probably be my first thought. I always groom and cut Gizzy outside in the park or by the lake and this way the birdies have some nice, soft undercoat fur to fluff their beds with ;-)

I love your paper crafts, especially the first bird with the song sheet and the word "tweet" on it - very nice!

Happy weekend!

Sherry said...

Love your birds and Jace and I have been working on our bird bag. He's having fun filling it up with all my little threads and yarns and stuff.

Very Mary said...

OH! That is genius! I'm going to do that first thing tomorrow!

gin said...

those birds are so cute. I haven't done my bird nesting materials yet, but I'm getting to get to it this week. And I passed on Hot Mama this round, but I'll join in next round..

Very Mary said...

Very Daughter and I just made two bags! One for the tree outside her window and one for the tree outside mine! What a great idea, thank you for the inspiration!

LollyChops said...

I love your bird crafts! There is nothing better than birds (except maybe cute tree stumps named Hank).

Twittery HUGS sweet pea!

Becky said...

Your Birdies are sooooo purdy!

And the bird bag idea is fab! I usually hang that stuff on its own beside the compost bin.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Swaps are so fun! Lovely little gifts you've put together for your partner. Great idea for providing sweet birdies with nesting materials. And your rescued kitty is so beautiful now and looks so cozy at home. Have a terrific Tuesday! Tammy :)

Unknown said...

love the birds! is the nesting material disappearing?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...