Saturday, April 10, 2010

something special

Yesterday at work I had a VERY nice surprise....you KNOW how I love nice surprises!

I had been asked by the art teacher to come see her in class.
I went in and she handed me this year's financial report for the parish.

It was opened to a pretty picture.....that Curly Girl had drawn!

I was soooooo excited. A picture she had drawn had been selected to be shown in the report...which is a pretty big deal.
I thanked the teacher and told her I couldn't WAIT to see the original and have it framed.
Then said told me there was ANOTHER surprise! She had submitted the picture to an art exhibit being held in the Governor's mansion. The exhibit showcases art from all the schools in the state.

Guess what? (you know already...right?)

Curly Girl's was ACCEPTED!

She told me that you never know when (or if) you'll get the original back so that is why she gave me a copy of the report.

Now we wait to find out WHEN the exhibit is so we can all truck over there...and see it in person.

So...forgive the picture of the picture (taken at night)...but I'm so proud of her.

Congratulations sweetie!

20 comments:

Jenny said...

Waahoo! Congrats Curly Girl!

Claireabelle said...

Wow, what a fabulous picture!! Well done Curly Girl!
x

Betty aka Fudgie said...

wonderful! Your daughter is very talented and I know how proud you are!

Little Messy Missy said...

Very good!!! How very cool!

LittleRed said...

How very exciting for everyone:) Congratulations!

Sherry said...

Congratulations Curly Girl! I love your art work and you definitely deserve all of the recognition!

Sherry

Quiltingranny said...

What a blessing and what a talent!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Wow! That's amazing! Curly Girl has so much talent it blows me away. Drawing is not one of my talents. People who sketch and paint just amaze me.

Do your cheeks hurt from smiling?

Your heart is going to swell so much when you are standing in front of her picture at the exhibit. I don't think that feeling ever changes no matter how many times it happens.

Unknown said...

Wooo HOOO congrats curley girl .. that's a job well done ;)I love the picture.. its awesome.. your getting so good with your art :) Thank you for sharing it with us!
M

momma rae said...

yay for curly girl! she is such a gifted artist. her drawings are always impressive. :)

gin said...

congrats CG. She is gonna go far with her great talent. If I'm in the area at the exhibit time I might just stop over at the mansion and view the exhibit.My husband works just a few blocks from the mansion and sometimes I ride to BR with him and drop him off at work and spend the day in BR and the surrounding area visiting family and friends.

Becky said...

Hooray for CG!!!!! Way to go Proud Mama - You done good raising her.

(I am a little upset that you might not get the original back though. That seems strange.)

annemarie said...

Congrats Curly Girl - your daughter definitely has talent! I know you are one proud mama.

Doris Sturm said...

What an adorable otter - a big congratulations to Curly Girl :-)

Tracey said...

That is incredible!! They chose well! This could be one of my favorites she has ever done. I will keep my fingers crossed that some big shot from NYC is there :)

jillytacy said...

Way to go Curly Girl! I'm a fan of her artwork so I'm very excited for her!

Jen Sue Wild said...

As a mother of an artist I know how proud you must be.
Tell Curly girl Congrats!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I love the picture.

Lisa

UK lass in US said...

What talent! You must be so proud

Unknown said...

it's wonderful...I still have one of her drawings on my inspiration board......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...