Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quick trip and a snooze

This past weekend, we ran to Florida for a quick trip to see my family.

My parents were amazed at how tall the kids were....Matt is now 5'11" and Kaela is 5'1"


We had such a good time but left a bit late........which took its toll the next day.

See?


Monday, I was doing some laundry and other chores before starting dinner. Kaela was in the family room doing her homework so I went in to check on her to make sure she was on top of it.
I can't imagine being so tired I would fall asleep in this position!

As you can imagine, I didn't have the heart to wake her. So I readjusted her so she wouldn't break her knees and let her sleep for a couple hours....



Napping...it does a body good.

6 comments:

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

How cute is that. Reminds me of when they are toddlers and will fall asleep in any position. I have tons of those photos.Lol

Shawnee said...

A good nap sounds GREAT right now. Your kiddos are getting so big!

And, don't resist ... JOIN the new apron swap! I love what you bring to swapping. =)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Val
Loved seeing the kids with their grandparents. The picture of Kaella asleep made us laugh! Hope your week is going well.
Lindsay & Jessica
xx

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Our kids always seem to grow so much during the summer.

I think the short trips can take just as much out of you as the big trips do. Sometimes more.

Kids are funny, no matter how old they get they are just little kids inside. When they are tired, they sleep no matter where they are lol.

jillytacy said...

That's really tired! I couldn't begin to fall asleep like that.

manda said...

Awwwwww! Goodness I can see you in your Mum!! Probably didn't want to hear that did you?! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...