Friday, August 26, 2011

back to basics

I did a LOT of baking this summer....something I don't usually do. I'm blaming it on Dean's Dessert of the Month Club gift I gave him.
I have to admit that I've really enjoyed making all the new recipes so far. ( and no one has complained about eating them!)

I used to bake a lot but for the last few years, I'd been making the same desserts over and over again.

I decided to mix things up a bit.....so I started making some old favorites I grew up with. Several of which I'd never made for my own family
(the horror!)

like banana pudding...




and apple pie...



and coffee cake...





and last but not least, angel food cake with fresh strawberries...


it was a delicious summer!

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yummo to all of the above! I've been baking more than usual too. Have had such a sweet tooth. But I figure anything homemade is better than that which is prepackaged or bought at the store. At least you know what is going into the mix and can cut back on sugar and fat. Hope you are having a good weekend. Tammy

Kerry said...

Yummy!!! They all look really delicious - I'm not suprised that nobody's complained about having to eat them:-)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Val
They all look so delicious.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Lindsay
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...