Friday, August 24, 2012

birdie art!

Last year, Kaela dropped from gifted art because she was also in Art II and was doing more progressive work in it. That was fine until the last half of the year when her teacher took maternity leave.

The sub let the class fall apart and students who were not serious ran amok. The last few projects did not stretch serious students creativity.


Then, this summer, Kaela didn't even pick up a pencil or sketchpad....not once and I was worried she had lost interest.

Now that she is in high school, gifted art is a class by itself instead of a pull out and Kaela LOVES her teacher which I am very thankful for.


She played around on the web and found some bird pictures she liked and copied them for practice.




and



She liked the sketches so much that she did them both again for a class ...she used the cardinal for cool composition



I'm thrilled she is enjoying art again.
She has been sketching every day since school started.

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I used to draw all the time. Took art in middle school. Would always doodle and try different techniques. I would make cards for friends and draw pictures to go along with poems I would write. I used to draw all the years I taught kindergarten. When the kids had finished their classwork, they would come to me and tell me anything to draw for them and I would do it so they could then color the picture. They loved that as it so amazed them that I could draw just about anything. But now, I feel like that creativity is just gone! I'm glad to hear Kaela is sketching every day and enjoying artwork once again. Hope ya'll have a great weekend. :) tammy

Sherry said...

She is definitely gifted in art and I'm glad she's drawing again!!

Sherry

Kerry said...

So glad she's loving it again. She's too talented to give it up. The right teacher just makes a world of difference :-)

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I'm so glad she's drawing again. It's sad when classes fall apart. Her sketches are wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...