Monday, May 6, 2013

growing celery and other pinteresting things...

I have posted about growing green onions from their roots before.  If you want to see that post, click here.

I've been doing it for years....long before pinterest came along.  I think over the last 20 years, I've spent a grand total of 5 bucks on them...maybe not even that much, and that is only because sometimes when I've moved, I've left them behind in the yard.

Last month, I read on pinterest that you can do the same thing with celery so thought I'd give it a shot.  Since mine had no roots on it, I scored the bottom with a knife.




 Then I stuck it into my herb garden on April 11th....




Not quite a month later and we have this....new life! 





If it continues to do well, I will make a spot in the garden and do a small row of it.

While browsing sewing ideas, I saw this one about a toothbrush holder made from a hand towel....



and liked it so much I made 3...



then I found this pin on home made Rosemary Mint fabric softener and had to give it a try.  

It works quite well which makes me happy since it cost just pennies to make.  I found this on the same site as the eye makeup remover I posted about   She has other cleaning recipes I am going to try out too.....




Turns out , I'm not the only one playing on pinterest.   

Kaela  found this pin where you freeze yogurt into little dots.  She used strawberry flavored yogurt and squeezed it out of a plastic baggie....





....and liked it so much she has done it several times.   Don't you love her "bowl?"   hahahaha!



nothing like eating out of a cupcake liner container! 

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I am definitely a Pinterest addict. I know some people think Pinterest is frivolous but I have learned a lot from it and I guess you have too!

Tammy said...

Y'all sure have been getting crafty and creative over there. Pretty scarves and lots of other lovely projects. I've not heard of freezing yogurt before. Sorta like Dippin' Dots. I don't do Pinterest. Don't have enough time for all that I need and want to do as it is. But I like seeing how others are inspired by it. Hope your week is great. Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...