Saturday, June 29, 2013

June's stashbusting

June went by in a flash.  The month was hectic and somewhat sad.....

Needless to say, I didn't have a lot of time for crocheting but did manage to do a few things to use up some of my stash.  I had problems concentrating so I did little projects that didn't require much thought.

I don't really decorate much for Independence Day and I've always wanted to remedy that so I made a 4th of July wreath...  



and a garland....





Both projects were super easy.  I made the stars using the same pattern I used for my January winter garland.  Given the amount of time invested, I think they turned out pretty well.

I also continued working on my crocheted wire hangers and jar cozies.   I use the large jars for bath salts but the small ones look lovely with tea lights shining through them.   The coat hangers are slowly being swapped out for the ugly ones I currently have in my closet.


  
Interesting how simple crochet can pretty up something you'd normally throw away!!!!

3 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Really wonderful work Val and my grandma used to make those hanger covers for her grands. So cool to have those!

Little Messy Missy said...

Pretty candles!!!
xoxoxox

Tammy said...

I've not been crocheting much of anything lately. Your stars and stripes wreath turned out great. Best wishes, Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...