Friday, September 20, 2013

Zombies in Wonderland.

 I hosted my annual zombie doll swap again.  

My theme this year was "Zombies in Wonderland."  My partner requested Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. So I made these fellows for her.  Okay, so a fellow and a half. (well, SOMEONE had to win the argument...)
Dee's brain is exposed and Dum got the cute hat....



I jotted a quick poem to go with them.....

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
Were bullies to the core.
They picked on people young and old
Whenever they got bored.

A sickly crow, lay on the road 
(poor bird, he took a header.)
But staying true to bully form,
They plucked out all his feathers.

Soon Tweedle Dee was feeling odd
And Tweedle Dum no better
It seems they caught the crow's disease
And now are
"Dead" and "Deader."


The End

As you can imagine, Deader is the guy that is just a head!  

The very next day,  one wicked Mad Hatter arrived in the mail for me!

Complete with Jabberwocky bone walking cane.  He only has one good eye and is missing a few fingers.........




I tell you, the detail on this doll is AMAZING and I am so lucky to have him.  I am getting ready to place him in my piano pumpkin patch this week!  Debbie is a doll artist, her work is amazing.  I am so lucky to have been the recipient of one of her creations!

Thank you Debbie! (click to go to her blog)

4 comments:

Kerry said...

I love those twins you created !!!
Must say, I'm a little jealous of your Mad Hatter :-) Debbie did a phenomenal job - he is awesome :-)
It was another amazing swap Val .... the dolls just seem to get more and more intricate and detailed each year - there are a bunch of VERY talented ladies out there, for sure :-)

Kate said...

Wow! Those dolls are amazing! I love the poem you created, too.
Blessings :-)

~Xo said...

That is an awesome pair of wonderland zombies! Great job!

jillytacy said...

I LOVE, LOVE,LOVE the twins! The poem is awesome and I love that one ate half of the other. Gruesomely cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...