Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Oh! What To Do?!

Awhile back I was on a quest to find some yarn for my sister.  Well, during that quest I bought this yarn and thought I'd use it if I never found what I was searching for.  As luck would have it, the week after buying this yarn, I FOUND the yarn I had been searching for.    If you want to see it, check out this post.

So now I have 6 skeins of this glorious, gorgeousness that I am DYING to use.   The colors are FAB and are definitely me so I'd like to make myself something.  



The problem is WHAT do I make with these 6 skeins...oh and I don't knit well enough to sacrifice this stuff to a learner project.  Double oh, the wrappers fell off in the bag and I didn't bother saving them so I can't buy more....*sigh*  

I mean, look at all the yummy colors entwined in each skein......Noro Kuryeon (wool)...thick and thin, soft and oh so lovely.


I have thought of fingerless gloves but I have some....do I need more?  I could make several and have gifts for others....hmmmm.

I have thought of a slouchy hat....but I don't look great in hats...small face, curly hair...I look like Bozo the Clown's demented little sister.  Not a good look....but maybe I would look good in THIS because the colors are amazing.  I love hats, maybe I should just TRY....maybe not.

I have thought of slippers and started to make a pair.  Well, that is until the boys in the household called them a warmer for a certain part of the male anatomy....so I ripped them out.  I couldn't have ------warmers on my TOES for crying out loud.  Maybe some that are less pointy?  

I have thought of a scarf but this is so much like the one I already have.....but maybe, you can't have too many scarves.....

I have thought of a felted bag but am just not sure...do I need a felted bag?   What would I use it for?  

It needs to be something yummy and darling and unusual.  I think I'll have a margarita and think it over some more.    Maybe two?



 In the mean time, if you've got an idea, feel free to leave it in the comments!

5 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Maybe a cowl? I've heard Noro is a dream to work with. There are over 42,000 projects on ravelry that have used this yarn. Maybe you can narrow down the search field to a project category that interests you?

http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/noro-kureyon/projects

Kate said...

It's gorgeous! Such pretty colors. I've heard good things about Noro, but never tried it. The Rio Scarf is supposed to be made with yarn with long color changes in it.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rio-scarf
Good luck with your search! I'm sure you'll find something amazing to make :-)

Kerry said...

Love the colors :-) So yummy!!!
I had some yarn that looks quite similar, also thick and thin, but in a brown colorway ..... I made (or should I say, have nearly completed) a shawl for Andy's mom. It has turned out really nicely ..... perhaps that's an idea:-) Whatever you decide to make is going to be very beautiful :-)

kathyinozarks said...

the yarn is just gorgeous! that is a big decision-I would definately make something that you will enjoy using

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Well, I think the ideas already here are good ones. I have so much yarn that I've bought and have never done anything with. In fact, I think I may have some of the same yarn that Sam brought back from Bangkok last year. I never know what to do. I think having a drink is the best idea of all. HA! Whatever you decide will be great. :) Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...