Monday, February 3, 2014

cold weather crafting

We've had some seriously cold weather here lately...so I used some stash up making a few things for myself.  I only busted 14 grams but it all adds up....

I wanted to make myself a pair of fingerless gloves using the same yarn to match this infinity scarf.



The yarn is Marble Chunky and is super soft and this colorway is lovely.




close ups...I used a v stitch for the gloves and then added a short thumb hole.  I edged the gloves with a shell stitch.



I still had some yarn leftover so decided to make a cowl.   I knew I wouldn't have enough yarn left to complete it so I dug around in my stash until I found another yarn that would work with it. 



It is hard to tell from the photo but the solid brown has a shimmer like the MC and it matches really well with a color that runs through the yarn.   I did the cowl in hdc and then 2 rows have a bobble in there.  I edged the whole thing in picot.

I used all but 8 inches of this yarn which is pretty good considering these were unplanned projects.  I love being able to create things from what I have on hand.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Very nice. You look warm and cozy in your pretty new cowl and mitts.

hula-la said...

Looking good! I love it! And I have a stash of yarn that needs to be used... Having fun along the blog party route! Aloha

iara said...

I love the fingerless gloves!

jillytacy said...

You've been busy creating things to keep you warm during this cold spell. I love the fingerless gloves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...