Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Return of the fairies!

Last weekend, Dean pulled all the old vines away from the fairy bells so hopefully, we'll be hearing them soon.


I put out the new fairy house and Gunter was THRILLED!   I set it in the herb trough temporarily. Once we get the rest of the yard in order, I'll probably move it.  Fairies prefer privacy and they may not like being on the patio.


Later that night, I looked out the patio door and saw a bright light.....oh my gosh!  Someone was in the HOUSE!  I was so excited!  I grabbed my phone and took a couple photos....but the light was too bright to see anything.   I could hear sounds but not SEE inside.....the light was just too bright.




I went back outside a couple of hours later and could finally see!  A sweet little fairy fireplace was lit!   It was so late though that I could no longer hear anything.  I think everyone was asleep.



On Sunday morning, I went out to see if I could see anyone.....nope.  But I did see something.   This sweet little pathway to the entrance of the house...looks like someone was tidying up...



Later, I looked out the window and saw Gunter outside...


I asked what he was doing and he answered, "just hanging out visiting."  But when I looked in the back window, I didn't see anyone.


I am just as happy as Gunter is that the fairies have returned, even if they are a bit shy around me.

"We the fairies, blithe and anticOf dimensions not gigantic,Though the moonshine mostly keep us,Oft in orchards frisk and peep us." -Thomas Randolph

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Yay .... they're back !!!
Not surprising .... their new home is gorgeous !!!!

Kate said...

Love the new house; it's so cute! I hope you hear the bells soon.

Jenny said...

WOW!!! I am jealous. I cannot wait to welcome fairies to our new house when it warms up soon!

jillytacy said...

I'm so happy for Gunter that the fairies returned. He looks so happy in the photo! It's still way to cold for fairies here.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

So glad they're back! Their house is adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...