Saturday, March 8, 2014

steering wheel covers....

I've been wanting a steering wheel cover for awhile now to jazz up the interior.  I had some cute owl fabric I bought a couple years ago for an apron but never used it.

I read a couple tutorials and got the idea and then just made it up as I went along.  I was going to link to the one I liked but the link it gone.  I found her through pinterest and pinned it but clicking on the link takes you nowhere now....weird.  Also,  I added a bit of flannel on the part that lays on top to give a it little padding.



Okay, so after I drove around town with it on, I didn't like the way the fabric stuck out off the wheel.  
I'm such a worry wart, I kept thinking,  "What if my thumb gets stuck under it?" or "What if I stick my finger in it while turning and cause a wreck?"  (Yes, I'm neurotic like that...drives my family crazy.) 

So I whip stitched it down, around the wheel.  Now it feels more secure and that makes me happy.  Plus, I think it looks more finished.    Seriously y'all, it took longer to whip stitch it in place than it did to MAKE it.

But I like the way it looks and feels much better!


I made a matching trash can to replace the one with gnomes on it.  I lined this one with some vinyl that matched (who'd a thunk I'd have that in my stash o stuff?) and whipped it up.




I had made Matt's girlfriend a small trash bag for her car a couple weeks ago and had some leftover fabric.  I made her a steering wheel cover to match.   I just need to stitch it in place for her.



On his way out the door Matt asked if I had any giraffe fabric left and could I make her an ear headband.  She needed one to keep her ears warm during the parades last weekend.....
I love being able to say yes.  It is the little things that make you happy.


Can you tell she approved?   And yes, it kept her ears warm! 

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Cute, cute, cute! I've thought about crocheting a steering wheel cover but these days I have more thoughts than actual doing. I can tell that Matt's girlfriend fits right in. :) Best wishes, Tammy

Marci Girl said...

Super cute steering wheel cover, it looks FANTASTIC!

saddlesinc said...

I read your blog. Nice to read. Thanks for sharing

Steering Covers Manufacturers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...