Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Channeling Mumu

Sometimes you see something and you crack up because it is JUST like your mom!


My mother LOVED to travel.  That being said, her internal navigation system wasn't that hot.  So, she got lost...a lot!   When I was 13, the two of us had gone to Atlanta to visit family.   On the way home, I immersed myself in a book.  Every now and then I'd hear her swearing.  Each time it would get worse...and worse...and LOUDER.  Finally, I looked up and took a good look around ....and cracked up.  We'd been going a loop for over an hour!    

Once I pointed it out, she cracked up and knew exactly where she had gone wrong....and took off in the right direction.  I miss you momma!

2 comments:

gilly said...

What a great story, and a lovely fun memory of your mama. Hugs xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm going to save this cute photo and quote. I love to travel too and have the worst sense of direction. My kids used to say, I could pull into a place and then when I was ready to leave, I couldn't figure out which way to go! Thanks for the surprises this morning! Hope your day is special, too! Hugs, Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...