Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Polka Dotted wineglasses...

The other day I was sad, thinking about my folks.  Dean reached into the cabinet and brought out the polka dotted wine glass Jill sent me and I couldn't help but smile.  He knows me so well and knows that would make me happy...the wine helped too, of course.   

I got to thinking how lots of people like polka dots and thought how fun "game glasses" would be to have in the cabinet... in team colors of course. So I decided to try my hand at making a few glasses I could give as gifts.  

I got my supplies and got to work.  I didn't want words or anything, just simple dots.  Dots are awesome.
First I made these using pouncer sponges by Martha Stewart. 

SAINTS

LSU

Then I decided to do a gradual dot pattern and made these...





lots of dots on the base...



and then I made these with different sized dots....



The dots took longer since I had to let it dry between colors but I love how it turned out.   Now I can just pair a couple glasses with a little vino and have a fun gift for my sports fan vino drinkers....or margarita drinkers.  I used BIG glasses y'all!

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Big glasses is the only way to do it up right. Ha! They turned out great and will make a fabulous gift set. Awesome! Best wishes, Tammy

Jody said...

What kind of paint did you use so they can be washed? LOVE them! (But what's not to like about polka dots?!?)

jillytacy said...

I love polka dots and wine too. Using my painted wine glasses always make me smile. I agree you have to use big glasses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...