Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Crochet scarves

Kaela requested another lattice scarf, this time in red...



Before Christmas, I bought some Tobaggan yarn by Classic Elite.  It was on deep sale but you had to buy it prepacked.    I knew that I wanted to make a color block scarf when I bought the yarn.  I didn't want to do the same old half double crochet so hit pinterest.

I found this pattern by Fiber Flux.....

Here are the 2 changes I did:
I used a J hook to adjust for the larger yarn.  
I also reduced the turning chain from 5 to 3 as the chains are quite large in this bulky yarn.

So you couldn't see the seam, I *reserved enough yarn of the first color so that when I whipped it together, I whipped it on the same color instead of whipping two colors together.  I then continued working the scarf and changed colors, etc.   At the end, my last color "change" was back to the first color.  I worked the two rows and then whipped it together.

 (*To do this, I worked two rows, pulled them out, cut the yarn and set it aside.)  

I will use this pattern again, it is pretty and works up incredibly fast.  


The scarf is lovely and is going to be a gift for someone this Christmas.  (unless I snag it for myself????)

2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love both. Haven't done color blocking yet. I'm working on two more cowls at the moment. :) Have a great day. Tammy

A Little Creation said...

That is so pretty. I have learned how to finger knit using recycled t-shirt yarn, I can make a killer chain. Once it is long enough I'm going to make a rag rug.
Chris =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...