Wednesday, March 9, 2016

catch up

I've been gone for awhile!  I was sick for the first time in YEARS.....and that combined with college tours....yada yada....the list goes on.  No one needs the gorey, boring details.  The good news is that I feel better and so I thought I'd do a quick post.  I'll do more this weekend....lots to catch up on!

Last week we had Seafood day at work.  I had NOTHING to wear so decided on an apron. Someone had given me an odd shaped cut of this lobster fabric.  I'd been saving it for years!  I used a portion for the pocket and put it on a new tea towel.  I used double ribbons for the waistband and ties.  I  whipped it up just in time for work....



Well, one of my partners in crime fell in love with it so I gave it to her at the end of the day.  I still had a little more fabric at home so I knew I could make one for myself.  I had some coordinating polka dot fabric in my stash and made this one over the weekend.





Side view of the pocket and sash:



It is a clothespin apron....one of my favorite styles.  I also backed it so I can reverse it if I want.
I used every smidge of fabric I had left!  In fact, I had to shave the size of the apron down by almost 2 inches....but that didn't hurt the look or functionality of the apron.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Cute aprons!! Glad you are back among the living!

Amy at love made my home said...

Great aprons! Glad you are feeling better again. xx

jillytacy said...

The aprons are super cute! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...